Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food
Out of stock
Create a nutty-tasting and nutritious hay blend for your small pet with Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food. Some small pets like Guinea Pigs, rabbits and chinchillas, need hay to maintain healthy digestion. In fact, hay should make up 75 percent of their diet. Along with digestion, hay keeps teeth trim and promotes natural foraging and mental stimulation. Oxbow Oat Hay Small Animal Food is high in fiber, low in protein and full of flavor, making it ideal for adult small pets. Feed unlimited amounts as an alternative to timothy, orchard and organic meadow hay.Key Benefits
- Oat Hay is companion forage that is similar in nutritional analysis to the western timothy. Your animals will love the immature oat grain that is contained in the seed head and will benefit greatly from the fiber in the leaf and stem.
- Oat Hay is a good source of fiber and also gives variety to your animal's diet. This product also makes a good bedding alternative to wheat straw.
- The stage of maturity at harvest determines the development of the seed head. If the hay is harvested immaturely, at the early bloom stage, the actual oat kernel is not mature. The seed heads consist primarily of oat husks, which are rich in fiber.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. It provides not only nutrition, but environmental enrichment that mimics the animal's natural habitat.
- Provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system. When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
Oxbow’s hearty, hand-selected Oat Hay is a favorite of many rabbits, guinea pigs, and chinchillas. Our Oat Hay is harvested before the oat develops into a seed, providing savory husks full of flavor and fiber. Its aroma will stimulate your pet’s appetite and encourage him eat more hay. Your pet should have unlimited grass hay every day.
Size: 15 oz.
- Crunchy texture and savory flavor pets love
- Harvested fresh from our family of farms
- Hand-sorted and hand-packed with care
- Provides essential fiber to support digestive & dental health
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
Oxbow Oat Hay is harvested before the oat develops into a seed—the way small herbivores need it and like it! Oat Hay, like all grass hay, meets the nutritional needs of herbivores with high fiber and low protein. This appealing alternative contains savory husks full of both flavor and fiber, making it a favorite for many pets. Blend Oat Hay with other Oxbow grass hays to create a nutty-tasting and nutritious combination. Sizes: 15 oz
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.